Monday, March 5, 2007

PRAYING THE PSALMS

November 13, 1998

This letter is going to be a little out of character, as I would like to share some scriptures that YHVH gave us in the midst of troublesome times. I am sure if Elohim is working in your lives, as He is in ours, you need some encouragement. We usually read the Psalms daily, according to the day of the month; for example on the 6th of Nov., we read Ps. 6, 36, 96 and 126. When we woke up that particular morning, my wife said to me that she felt as if she was preparing for her own funeral. I felt the same. A cloud of gloom and doom hung over us. One cannot help but talk to Yeshua at such times, because the enemy is also going to put his “two cents” into these situations if he hasn’t already.

We opened our bibles to His word and this is the way He led us to pray:
“O YHVH, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O YHVH; for I am weak: O YHVH, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O YHVH, how long?
Return, O YHVH, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxes old because of all mine enemies.
Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for YHVH has heard the voice of my weeping.
YHVH has heard my supplication; YHVH will receive my prayer.
Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly
” (Psa. 6:6-10).

“Thy mercy, O YHVH, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reaches unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O YHVH, thou preserves man and beast. How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O Elohim! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise" (Psa. 36:5-12).

“O bless our Elohim, you people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holds our soul in life, and suffers not our feet to be moved. For thou, O Elohim, has proved us: thou has tried us, as silver is tried. Thou brought us into the net; thou laid affliction upon our loins. Thou has caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but you brought us out into a wealthy place.
Blessed be Elohim, which has not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me"
(Psa.. 66:8-12,20).

Psa 96 was up lifting as we worshipped and then in Psa. 126 he reminded us of our calling, this Psalm really spoke to our heart, and the desire to proclaim what great things our Elohim, the Elohim of our fathers, the Elohim of Israel has done. “When YHVH turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, YHVH has done great things for them. YHVH has done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Turn again our captivity, O YHVH, as the streams in the south. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goes forth and weeps, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him" (Psa.126:1-6).

The Messiah Yeshua stands with the winnowing fork in His hand to bring in the harvest of a seed (the seed of Abraham), that the Father had sown into all the earth. What a privilege to be a part of this great company of those who are redeemed by His blood and now returning to Zion to give testimony of the great things He, the Elohim of Israel has done!

"For, lo, the days come, saith YHVH, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith YHVH: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it" (Isa,30:3).

"Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith YHVH; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid" (Jer.30:10).

Please note: Jer. 30:24: "The fierce anger of YHVH shall not return, until he has done it, and until he has performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days you shall consider and understand it."

Be encouraged, nothing, NO NOTHING can separate us from the love of Elohim that is in our Messiah Yeshua.

Ephraim

"How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity... for in this Elohim commands the blessings - life eternal" (Ps. 133: 1-3).

No comments: