Saturday, March 17, 2007

THUS SAYS THE GREAT I AM

January 8, 1999


This letter was taken from my manuscript "Thus says YHVH" (1983-84).

"Will YHVH cast off forever? Will He never be favorable anymore? Is His lovingkindness gone forever? Has His word failed for all generations? Has Elohim forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up his tender mercies?" (Psalm 77:7-9).

Just as these questions raced through the heart and mind of David king of Israel, thousands of years ago, so too they have been on the hearts and minds of many generations of Elohim's people. Even to this very day, both Jew and Christian, who believe in the Elohim of Israel, the Elohim of the Scriptures, are wondering and searching in order to know and understand the mysteries of their Elohim. Especially when the pressures of life's circumstances begin to build up, and the sky seems like brass and tiredness and hopelessness is the order of the day. Where is Elohim in all this? Although it is quite natural to experience such times, and king David was no exception, but I do believe that he posed those questions from a heart whose sole concern was to see the restoration of all Israel.
If you too have been asking those questions, perhaps the following compilation of scriptures may help shed a ray of light or hope, assuring you personally and nationally that our Elohim is who He claims to be, namely the faithful covenant keeping Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: "But now says YHVH that created you, O Jacob, and He that formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; thou art mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you, when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you. For I am YHVH your Elohim, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior'." (Isaiah 43: 1-3)
"Since you are precious in my sight, you are honorable, and I love you, therefore…Fear not: for I am with you: I will bring you from the east, and gather you from the west; I will say to the north, give up; and to the south, keep not back; bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth, even you, who are called by my name (vs 4-7). You are my witness and My servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no Elohim formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am YHVH and beside me there is no savior…you are My witness, says YHVH, that I am Elohim (vs 10-12).
"Yes, before the day was I am He; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand; I will work, and who shall reverse it? I am YHVH, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King (vs 13; 15)... "Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen" (Isaiah 44:1)…"Thus says YHVH, the King of Israel, and His redeemer YHVH of hosts; "I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no Elohim. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people, and the things that are to come, shall come" (v 7)…. "Fear not, neither be afraid; have I not already told you, and have I not declared it? You are even my witness. Is there a Elohim beside me? Is there any other Rock? I know of none" (v. 8).

"Remember this, O Jacob and Israel; for you are My servant: I have formed you, you are My servant. O Israel, you shall not be forgotten of Me. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, your transgressions, and, as a cloud, your sins. Return to me; for I have redeemed you" (21-22)… "I have even called you by your name (Jacob): I have surnamed you (Israel), though you have not known me. I am YHVH, and besides Me there is no other, there is no Elohim beside Me: I girded you, even though you have not known me…I am YHVH, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:5-6).
"I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil, I YHVH do all these things" (v.7)…. "Therefore, ask Me of the things that are to come concerning My sons, and concerning the work of my hands…I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded" (vs.11-12)…. "I am YHVH and there is none else….there is no other Elohim beside Me; a just Elohim and a Savior; there is none beside me" (v.21).
"Sing, ye heavens; for YHVH has done it: shout, ye lower parts of the earth: break forth into singing, ye mountains, O forest, and every tree therein: for YHVH has redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel (Isaiah 44:23)."
Be encouraged today fellow Israelite, YHVH will do what He says He will, "for He works all things after the counsel of His will" (Eph. 1:11). "In the same way Elohim, desiring even more to show to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath" (Hebrew 6:17). "Therefore thus says YHVH who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale. But when he sees his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the Elohim of Israel. They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine" (Isa. 29:22-24).

Ephraim Frank

"How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity…for in this Elohim commands the blessing life everlasting" (Psa.133).

No comments: